In an interview with The Sunday Times, Rogen has explained he doesn’t plan on working with Franco in the future. In the past, the two have teamed up on films such as Pineapple ExpressThis Is The End and The Disaster Artist.
Franco’s accuser Charlyne Yi, however, has dismantled Rogen’s statements. Today (May 10,) she pointed out that Rogen stars and produces while Franco serves as executive producer for upcoming series Pam & Tommy, focusing on the romance between Pamela Anderson and Tommy Lee.
Earlier this year, Yi called Rogen an enabler of Franco after she expressed discomfort about working with him on The Disaster Artist.
The actress has shared the IMDb page of Pam & Tommy, highlighting that both Rogen and Franco are on the producers roster.
This seems to contradict Rogen’s claims of not having worked with Franco since 2018.
“I also look back to that interview in 2018 where I comment that I would keep working with James and the truth is that I have not and I do not plan to right now,” Rogen told The Sunday Times.
Asked about his professional and personal relationship with the 127 Hours actor, Rogen expressed regret over his past comments.
"What I can say is that I despise abuse and harassment and I would never cover or conceal the actions of someone doing it, or knowingly put someone in a situation where they were around someone like that. However, I do look back at a joke I made on ‘Saturday Night Live’ in 2014 and I very much regret making that joke. It was a terrible joke, honestly,” he said of mocking a 17-year-old’s allegations made against Franco at the time.
He also explained his friendship with Franco has changed.
“I don’t know if I can define that right now during this interview. I can say it, um, you know, it has changed many things in our relationship and our dynamic,” Rogen said.
Related: Demi Lovato’s Fans Heartbroken Over Sexual Assault Revelations In New Docuseries
Rogen then noted that the situation must’ve been painful and difficult for other people involved, a possible nod to actress Charlyne Yi.
Some on Twitter are calling out Rogen for doing too little, too late and are urging he apologized to Yi publicly.
“It's hard for me to believe him especially it took him a month after Charlyne Yi's statement against him,” one fan wrote.
“@Sethrogen has done the bare minimum here. He hasn't mentioned the victim's name or given a proper apology and his statement about James Franco is shallow and self serving at best. Charlyne Yi deserves way better,” another commented.
The Things has reached out to Rogen’s representatives for comment.
Next: Lili Reinhart Opens Up On Having Experienced Sexual Coercion When She Was 16